There are some business decisions where peace of mind is essential. That’s the principle on which the Fulton family founded the company over a century ago, and it’s just as important today. Our unique combination of family continuity, in-depth business and technical knowledge and an investment in recruiting and developing the very best skillsets, means that our customers still benefit from the highest possible standards of service and delivery – the hallmark of HF Electrical since its inception.
It’s for these reasons that we are the first choice of some of the country’s leading businesses. Retail and leisure organisations such as B&Q, Belhaven Brewery, Punch Taverns and Arnold Clark; property services clients such as Interserve and SGP, and global brands such as Atkins and BT: all benefit from the reassurance that HF are only a phone call away, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our core services include:
- Reactive maintenance
- Planned maintenance
- Manned 24 hour call-out service
- Electrical installation (projects up to the value of £2.5m)
- Fire alarm and emergency lighting installation and maintenance
- Periodic inspection and testing
- Phone and data network installation and maintenance
- High voltage installation and maintenance up to 11kv
- CCTV installation and maintenance
- Efficiency reports
When problems occur, time is money, so it’s paramount to minimise any downtime. This means ensuring our task force of nearly 200 staff have the very best skills and resources, literally at their fingertips. With this in mind HF has made recent large-scale investments in technology. Now, a co-ordinated electronic diary, linked by GPS satellite signals to our operatives, ensures we are able to provide the most efficient and responsive service possible, whether on planned or emergency call-outs. By identifying the exact locations of our engineers, we can provide accurate estimated times of arrival, eliminating unnecessary stress and cost.
We’re continually investing in this area of our service, as Group Operations Director John Ferguson explains.
“Soon our clients will be able to track the engineers themselves by the click of a button, and obtain progress reports right through to completion of the task. Ultimately this means we’re working for you faster than ever – and saving you money.”
Training and development of staff has always been important to HF and an area of continual investment. As well as ensuring that every member of our team has the latest certifications and relevant health and safety and technical skills, we are also currently supporting all of our managers in obtaining Graduate Certificates in Management Practice, in connection with SELECT and Napier University.
With an approach which combines traditional values with innovative thinking, we recognise that a faulty light switch requires the same level of service and professionalism as a multi-million pound design and build project. We have been contracted to a number of landmark sites and projects, including:
- Europe’s largest ever car showroom, Machargs Glasgow
- Rennie Macintosh-designed Queens Cross Church, Glasgow
- New spa and beauty complex at the world-renowned Gleneagles Hotel, Gleneagles
- Spa complex and conference centre at another world-leading hotel, the Old Course, St Andrews
- Planned & reactive maintenance at Clifton House Nursing Home – Ireland Largest Care Facility
- Fire alarm maintenance at Scotland’s largest sports stadium, Murrayfield in Edinburgh.
Our latest contracts include:
- Fire alarm install, St George’s Building, George Square Glasgow • Cafe Andaluz, Edinburgh
- M&E design and build, Renfrew Health Centre • Fettes School, Edinburgh
- Courtyard Retail Park, Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland.
- Roxburgh Hotel, Edinburgh • Manchester University.